Described in the 2018 edition of the Legal 500 as ‘astute and sensible’, Alice is an experienced family law solicitor with strong academics and over ten years’ post qualification experience at a highly ranked Legal 500 firm. She joined Thomas Mansfield in October 2018 as Senior Associate to the growing family law team.
Alice adopts a conciliatory approach to cases and works closely with clients and other professionals to build a team who can work together to achieve the most positive outcomes available to her clients.
- Alice acts for clients in all areas of family law and is particularly knowledgeable in divorce and the financial and children issues that stem from it.
- Alice has a wealth of experience in dividing family assets and is able to provide pragmatic advice, reaching amicable solutions wherever possible in a cost effective way.
- Alice is commercially minded and is able to look at cases holistically to determine the most positive outcomes, obtaining input from her expert contacts including accountants, actuaries, surveyors and specialist counsel.
- Alice has experience in advising on more complex financial issues such as pensions, property portfolios, company structures and trust arrangements.
- Focussed on the preservation of assets both prior and during marriage, Alice frequently drafts and advises clients on pre and post nuptial and cohabitation agreements.
- Unmarried partnerships require specialist advice and Alice is able to assist in resolving these disputes by giving guidance on division of properties and assets.
- In her children law practice, Alice is able to devise workable arrangements for how children will spend their time following family breakdown.
- Alice will quickly recognise when a case requires judicial input and is able to guide clients through the process of preparing for and attending Court. She is known for her strong sense of justice and will fight on her client’s behalf with passion and determination.
- Recent Court highlights include when Alice was successful in obtaining permission from the Court for a mother to return to her native France with her young baby and achieving a shared care arrangement for a father enabling him to see his children again following a difficult separation.
Alice is frequently recommended by her existing clients and professional contacts and has been described as having a “personable and empathetic manner” and “a tenacious approach to her cases”.
- “Throughout the case you have been able to answer all my questions, been fantastically well organised and prepared. Written some great letters and given good advice. Thank you and on behalf of our children, who will now still get to see their Daddy, thank you.”
- “I am very impressed with you and the team. You are knowledgeable and caring which is a brilliant combination.”
- “What was a very difficult time in my life was made whole lot easier thanks to Alice’s advice, guidance, dedication and professionalism.”
- Resolution and founding member of Young Resolution in Kent
- Kent Law Society
- Past board member and current member of the Sevenoaks Chamber of Commerce
- Founding member of the Next Generation Business Chamber